If you are interested in having someone from Consumer Protection BC attend an event or meeting, please contact our Inquiry Centre at
with your request.
We are able to provide sessions on the following topics:
- Consumer Protection BC - who we are and what we do;
- British Columbia's consumer protection laws;
- The law in BC specific to the industries we licence, which include travel, debt collection, telemarketing, payday lending, funeral services and motion pictures;
- Film classification in BC;
- Consumer contract requirements under BC's consumer protection laws;
- The cost of consumer credit;
- Our enforcement tools (this is provided to other enforcemet agencies);
- Your Rights and Responsibilities as a consumer (this is provided to consumer groups); and
- Tips to become a more informed consumer (this is provided to consumer groups based on the current issues our organization is dealing with).